FIN/571 Wk 2 Summative Assessment: Business Valuation Presentation
Business managers are often responsible for the financial transactions and planning for a company. In Week 1, Apple, Inc. was selected. This company will be referred to as “your company” or “the large company selected in Week 1.”
As the new business manager working for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of your company, you want to review historical financial information to be fully informed of your company’s business valuation so you can provide guidance on near future financial decisions. You decide to put together a presentation on your company’s financial performance that assesses the cash flow, valuation, and KPIs for financial stability that you will present at the next management meeting. Your ultimate plan is to write a financial plan that will lead to future company growth.
Use Apple, Inc. and your research from Week 1. Use the PowerPoint template provided above to address the following:
- Identify 2 key performance indicators within the discussions below. To be clear, we will use PE and market cap as those will be specifically addressed within the discussions below for Apple, Inc.
- Relate the stock price to price-to-earnings ratio.
- Explain the market capitalization and what it means to the investor.
- Identify trends in stock price, dividend payout, and total stockholders’ equity. Relate recent events or market conditions to the trends you identified.
- Determine, based on your analysis, whether you think the organization is going to meet its financial goals, describe the outlook for growth and sustainability, and explain why you do or do not recommend this stock for purchase and how your recommendation compares to that of other analysts. This discussion will require numerical facts and figures as justification whether or not you agree with the analysts.
Cite references to support your assessment according to APA guidelines. Your textbook and Yahoo reference are already included in the template. If you use other references, please make sure to format those properly in accordance to APA guidelines. References are required so that any potential plagiarism issues are mitigated.